Featurific Support

Full Version: How do I install the pictues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please can you explain how to install the pictures.

Many thanks
Bijal
Hi Bijal,

Any pictures you include in the posts should be automatically included in the Featurific slideshow. (Technically, the first image found in each post is usually used)

So, just include images in your Wordpress posts, and Featurific takes care of the rest. This link might help you with the inclusion of images:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Images

Good luck! Smile
-Rich

hi, i just downloaded and installed the plugin. its excellent.

hi rinogo

hope you can help me with this problem

i followed the instructions how insert and image for each post, im using the nationalgeographic template.

i replaced the %image_1% on the template .xml by my_image and i created a new custom field on wordpress called my_image

im using the long path to catch the image....http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/themes/mytheme/stuff/pic.jpg but its not possible to see the image in the plugin, even deleting the browser cache, i cant see any change. if i delete, add or modify the extract i can see the changes, i have to delete the browser cache, close the browser and enter again.

am i doing something wrong?

thanx for your help
sorry for my bad english, i found two errors in my text

i followed the instruction how insert AN image...........

if i delete, add or modify the extract i CANT see the changes....
Hi there Guest,

Thanks for your message. Can you please explain what you're trying to accomplish? It seems that you want to override the image used in Featurific on a post-by-post basis. Is this correct?

If it is, the easiest way to do this is to:
1. Disable and delete the plugin. Then, reinstall the most recent version of Featurific. This will revert the plugin to its original state.
2. Override the image_1 custom field on a post-by-post basis. (There is no need to edit the template.xml file) When editing a post, simply add a custom field named image_1 with the URL to the desired image. This should effectively override the image used for image_1.

The only catch is that the URL used for image_1 must be accessible by Featurific. In other words, it must be on the same host (i.e. web server) as the blog itself. Otherwise, Flash's security policies prevent the image from loading.

Hope this helps! Smile
-Rich

thank you for your answer, i could show diferent image for each post.

basically i wanted to do, is include images, well, i read the readme.txt file thats why i did about replace image_1 by my_image. but with your answer i have diferent image for each post.
Hi Guest,

So, is it doing what you want it to do? Just want to make sure you're satisfied! Smile

-Rich

hi again rinogo

i really apreciate all your help

well, its not basically what i wanted to do, the thing that i want to do is...........dont show the same image in the plugin and the post. thats why i tried to use a custom field.

i have another question, i want to insert the name of the post autor, its a section writed by the same person, so i dont want to include his name in the post excerpt, i want to include his name in the template.xml exactly below of the post title. it tried this........i copypasted a portion of the nationalgeographics template.xml just to give an idea what i want to do :

<!-- Black shadow behind text -->
<text x="11" y="11" width="460" animationspeed="6" animatefromx="10" animatefromy="-100">
<line fontsize="24" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="%post_title%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="José Luis Uribe"/>
<line fontsize="16" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="%post_excerpt%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="más..."/>
</text>

<!-- Main text -->
<text x="10" y="10" width="460" animationspeed="6" animatefromx="10" animatefromy="-100">
<line fontsize="24" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%title_color%" text="%post_title%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%read_more_color%" text="José Luis Uribe"/>
<line fontsize="16" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%excerpt_color%" text="%post_excerpt%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%read_more_color%" text="más..."/>
</text>
<default name="title_color" value="white"/>
<default name="read_more_color" value="white"/>
<default name="excerpt_color" value="#e8c31e"/>
</screen>

<screen url="%url%" duration="%screen_duration%" transition="fade">
<!-- Main image. Note that we use the 'min' resize type so that the image is guaranteed to fill the display area. -->
<image filename="%image_1%" x="0" y="0" width="480" height="210" resizetype="min"/>
<default name="image_1" value="templates/common/ngDefault.jpg"/>

<!-- Black portion at bottom, behind control panel. Note that this black portion is listed *after* the main image. This will cause the main image to be cropped by the lighter grey portion. This is necessary since we're using the 'min' resize type on the main image. -->
<image filename="templates/common/black.gif" x="0" y="210" width="480" height="30" resizetype="exact"/>

<!-- Black shadow behind text -->
<text x="11" y="11" width="460" animationspeed="6" animatefromx="10" animatefromy="-100">
<line fontsize="24" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="%post_title%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="José Luis Uribe"/>
<line fontsize="16" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="%post_excerpt%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="black" text="más..."/>
</text>

<!-- Main text -->
<text x="10" y="10" width="460" animationspeed="6" animatefromx="10" animatefromy="-100">
<line fontsize="24" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%title_color%" text="%post_title%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%read_more_color%" text="José Luis Uribe"/>
<line fontsize="16" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%excerpt_color%" text="%post_excerpt%"/>
<line fontsize="12" fontstyle="bold" fontcolor="%read_more_color%" text="más..."/>
</text>
<default name="title_color" value="white"/>
<default name="excerpt_color" value="#e8c31e"/>
</screen>

well, right now, i cant see the part of the code that i added.

sorry for my large post
Hi Bijal,

Ahh, I see. Yes, using a custom field should do what you need regarding your image needs.

As for your template.xml changes, I ran them through the W3C's XML validator, and the XML seems to check out. I also don't see anything with the code that seems wrong. My guess is that the changes worked, but that Featurific just didn't have the chance to regenerate the XML. Remember that once you make changes to the template.xml, you have to resubmit the Featurific options page (go to the Featurific options page and hit the submit button) in order to force Featurific to regenerate the XML.

Does this help?
-Rich
Reference URL's