Fatal Error in Wordpress - Printable Version
+- Featurific Support (http://featurific.com/support)
+-- Forum: General Support (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Fatal Error in Wordpress (/thread-75.html)
Pages: 1 2
Fatal Error in Wordpress - hornedry2k - 05-02-2009 10:28 PM
When i activate Featurific for Wordpress i get a Fatal Error:Fatal error:
Cannot redeclare featurific_show_admin_message_once() (previously declared in /var/www/web1/html/Blog/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php:145) in /var/www/web1/html/Blog/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 156
Featurific for Wordpress is almost ready. To complete installation, Featurific for Wordpress needs access to your main template file.
* Temporarily modify your theme's file permissions and reinstall
1. Change the file permissions on your current theme's files to be world-writable (chmod 666 should suffice)
o Using an FTP client (easy)
o Using the command line (harder, requires shell access)
2. Deactivate and re-activate Featurific for Wordpress, and installation will complete successfully if the main template file is in fact world-writable.
3. Optional: If desired, revert your permissions back to normal. (chmod 644 for files, chmod 755 for directories)
* Manually insert the Featurific code Instead of modifying your permissions so that Featurific can install itself into your theme automatically, you have the option of installing Featurific manually. For instructions on how to do so, visit the Featurific website.
To get rid of this status message, either complete the steps listed above or disable the Featurific for Wordpress plugin.
Maybe you can help me?????
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - rinogo - 05-06-2009 03:16 AM
Before getting into the details, just a quick note for others who will read this thread: Featurific for Wordpress 1.4.4 through 1.5.4 have been tested with Wordpress 2.7.1 without problems. Our experience is that when problems occur, it is usually due to a conflict with another plugin, a particular setting, etc.
I thought I had seen this error before, and in fact I have. Here's a page that explains a bit if you're interested:
Essentially, you get this error (with any WP plugin) if there's an error on activation. Instead of getting the actual error, you get this super cryptic error. Weird. I don't know why this happens.
In order to see the actual error, there's a little trick we can do:
1. Try to activate featurific. It will give you the error, but Featurific should still be activated (partially)
2. With Featurific active, change your Wordpress theme. When you do so, you should see the error that is causing the "redeclare" error. If that doesn't allow to to see the error, try just going to the Featurific options page and re-submitting the form. This should show the errors, too.
3. Please send me the error and we can try to find a solution.
Hope to hear from you soon!
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - hornedry2k - 05-10-2009 05:07 AM
Too long way. I dont want change the Theme and do this and do this. Our Site is a commercial Gamersite and i cant try out many Things to get a Resolution. Im looking for a Alternative. I dont support Featurific because its not working how i want.
No Time for this "do this, do this, do this".
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - Guest - 05-11-2009 02:05 PM
I am actually having the same issue, but I am willing to try and do what ever it takes to make it work. Now the strange thing is, I have 4 different sites all with the same theme and plugins. The strange thing is featurific works on 2 and not the other 2. The only difference between them are, I moved 2 sites from an old host to my current host, featurific does not work on these two. On the other two they were fresh installs.
I tried the suggestions you gave, but I did not receive the actual error. Any ideas?
Thank you and look forward to hearing back.
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - rinogo - 05-12-2009 02:05 AM
@hornedry: Sorry to hear that Featurific isn't working for you. We're doing our best to provide support to our 'Featurific Free' customers. If you'd like to look into upgrading to Featurific Unbranded or Featurific Pro, then I can take a closer look (e.g. log in myself to determine what the problem is). Please let me know if you'd like to pursue this option. Otherwise, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding an alternative.
A few questions for you:
Are they both running the same version of Wordpress?
What happened when you tried the suggestions? Just a blank, white, page? Or, just no error messages?
THanks, and have a great day!
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - mjdb - 05-12-2009 04:21 PM
(05-12-2009 02:05 AM)rinogo Wrote: @hornedry: Sorry to hear that Featurific isn't working for you. We're doing our best to provide support to our 'Featurific Free' customers. If you'd like to look into upgrading to Featurific Unbranded or Featurific Pro, then I can take a closer look (e.g. log in myself to determine what the problem is). Please let me know if you'd like to pursue this option. Otherwise, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding an alternative.
1) yes, they are both running the same version of Wordpress.
2) the only error I ever receive is when i try to activate it, it says Cannot redeclare featurific_show_admin_message_once() (previously declared in /var/www/web1/html/Blog/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php:145) in /var/www/web1/html/Blog/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 156
when i go into the featurific options page and resubmit the form, it just brings back a blank white page.
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - rinogo - 05-14-2009 02:04 AM
Thanks for reporting back. Approximately how many posts do you have on the four sites? (The two that are working and the two that are not) I think the issues that you're experiencing might be related to some problems we've been having recently with sites that have a large amount of posts.
(FYI, the potentially related thread is at http://featurific.com/support/thread-68-post-222.html#pid222 )
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - mjdb - 05-14-2009 02:15 AM
(05-14-2009 02:04 AM)rinogo Wrote: Hi mjdb,
Oh, that could be it. The 2 that have it working have around 100. The two that are not have over 600. Is there any fix for this yet?
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - rinogo - 05-20-2009 02:07 AM
Hi again mjdb,
Looks like we've got two conversations going on about the same thing! Let's abandon our private message thread and instead discuss it here.
We're still not sure why sites with a large amount of posts experience these issues. I'm inclined to think that something changed in WP 2.7's DB querying code - there are some SQL joins that may not have been there before that could be causing problems. While we're working on a fix, I recommend trying to tweak the source code as discussed above to see if that solves the problem.
RE: Fatal Error in Wordpress - Guest - 06-04-2009 08:55 PM
LOL version 2.8 is almost out and you're still trying to make it work for 2.7
Well anyway it would've been nice if it worked, the plugin looks pretty good.