Thread Rating:
  • 262 Votes - 3 Average
Installation's issue
01-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Installation's issue
Hi,
I use WP 2.7, when I activate the plugin I have this message:
"Featurific for Wordpress is almost ready. To complete installation, Featurific for Wordpress needs access to your main template file.
* Temporarily modify your theme's file permissions and reinstall... ecc...ecc..."

I follow all the steps, but the message doesn't disappears, could you help me?

thank you very much
Elena
01-09-2009, 05:40 PM
RE: Installation's issue
Hi Elena,

Featurific needs to insert itself into your Wordpress template in order to function. These steps are simply preparing the files so that Wordpress (and therefore Featurific) can access the files. If following the steps doesn't seem to work, you can try inserting the code yourself, by hand.

To insert Featurific into your theme, just edit your theme files. In most themes, you need to edit index.php or home.php (However, remember that you can put Featurific into *any* theme file, not just index.php or home.php). You can either edit this file directly via the Wordpress backend, or with a text editor (by downloading the file, editing it, and re-uploading it). Before you begin, it would be a good idea to make a backup copy of the file in case you make a mistake.

You'll need to insert the following code at the location within the file that you'd like Featurific to appear. If you made the backup as I suggested above, feel free to experiment with different locations to see what you like best.

PHP Code:
<?php
//Code automatically inserted by Featurific for Wordpress plugin
if(is_home())                             //If we're generating the home page (remove this line to make Featurific appear on all pages)...

if(function_exists('insert_featurific')) //If the Featurific plugin is activated...

insert_featurific();                    //Insert the HTML code to embed Featurific
?>

Once Featurific for Wordpress detects that the call to insert_featurific() is present in either home.php or index.php, the message should go away and you should be good to go! Smile

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions.
-Rich
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Installation issues Guest 1 2,047 02-02-2010 06:52 AM
Last Post: rinogo
  Plugin doesn't work on a fresh WP installation danicasati 1 3,844 11-12-2009 11:37 AM
  Installation Failed Sammy 1 2,024 04-01-2009 07:20 AM