Thread Rating:
  • 283 Votes - 2.93 Average
Background Color
12-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Background Color
I am using the free version. Is there a way to change the background color? I am using the Time Transparent template because it pulls the picture from the feature category. The other templates didn't pull the picture.

Thank you.
12-08-2009, 05:52 AM
RE: Background Color
Hi Terrie!

Thanks for your question. Yes, there is a way to change the background color. To do so, open up the template.xml file for your template (wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/templates/Time.com (Transparent)/template.xml). The default size of your template is 350x350. So, an easy way to change the background color is to add an image that is 350x350 to the slideshow.

To do this, you could add the following line as the first line of every <screen>...</screen> section:
<image filename="templates/common/black50.png" x="0" y="0" width="350" height="350" resizetype="exact"/>

Of course, you might want to use a different image that you upload instead of black50.png like this example uses.

Hope this helps, Terrie! Smile
-Rich
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Thank you for your reply. I have one other question is there a way to improve the quality of the pictures that are being displayed? They look pixelated when they are shown in the featurific slideshow if you compare them to the pics in the posts. My site is mxmbilliards.com if you need to see it.

Thank you.

(12-08-2009 05:52 AM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi Terrie!

Thanks for your question. Yes, there is a way to change the background color. To do so, open up the template.xml file for your template (wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/templates/Time.com (Transparent)/template.xml). The default size of your template is 350x350. So, an easy way to change the background color is to add an image that is 350x350 to the slideshow.

To do this, you could add the following line as the first line of every <screen>...</screen> section:
<image filename="templates/common/black50.png" x="0" y="0" width="350" height="350" resizetype="exact"/>

Of course, you might want to use a different image that you upload instead of black50.png like this example uses.

-Rich

(12-18-2009 01:08 AM)Terrie Wrote:  Thank you for your reply. I have one other question is there a way to improve the quality of the pictures that are being displayed? They look pixelated when they are shown in the featurific slideshow if you compare them to the pics in the posts. My site is mxmbilliards.com if you need to see it.

By the way I absolutely love your plug in it makes update my website so much easier!!

Thank you.

(12-08-2009 05:52 AM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi Terrie!

-Rich
12-18-2009, 04:01 AM
Hi, Terrie!

Thanks for your question. The reason why the images look pixelated is because flash has to resize them on the fly to fit in the slideshow, and flash's resizing algorithm isn't very good. There are two ways to fix this problem:
1. Resize the actual image you're using in your post - I noticed that the actual image you're using in your post is large, say, 400x300, while your post resizes it to be smaller, say 300x200. If you resize (to the smaller dimension) the original image before uploading, it will look better in both the post itself and in Featurific.
2. Use an image that you have resized specifically for Featurific - Resize the image to the exact dimensions used by Featurific. Then, put the url to this image in the 'image_1' custom field of the post. This will cause the image to be used in Featurific in place of the one that is currently being used. (More info on custom fields and Featurific:
http://www.featurific.com/ffw#imagenowordpress
http://www.featurific.com/ffw#customfields )

Hope this helps! Smile
-Rich
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Changing border color (National Geographic template) Kenshiro 4 19,167 02-25-2011 05:36 AM
Last Post: rinogo
  Changing Background Color ModdedDesigns 1 3,222 05-23-2009 03:48 AM
Last Post: rinogo