Thread Rating:
  • 316 Votes - 2.95 Average
Disappeared?
01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Disappeared?
After adding a new post to my blog, Featurific no longer shows up? Just a gray box where it was...all I did was post! Any ideas on fixes?

madnessofart.com
01-20-2009, 04:56 PM
RE: Disappeared?
Hi there,

That is very strange indeed. I've inspected Featurific on your website, and it seems to be functioning normally. You're using the latest version, it is loading correctly, and the XML is loading as well. Have you changed anything else about your site? Have you made any theme or site preference changes recently?

-Rich
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Not that I can think of. It was working, then I posted a new entry, then nothing.
Darren
madnessofart.com

(01-20-2009 04:56 PM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi there,

That is very strange indeed. I've inspected Featurific on your website, and it seems to be functioning normally. You're using the latest version, it is loading correctly, and the XML is loading as well. Have you changed anything else about your site? Have you made any theme or site preference changes recently?

-Rich
01-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Darren,

It's taken me all afternoon, but I've tracked down the source of your problem. The issue was that you were using HTML in your post title. This was causing issues with Featurific For Wordpress' XML generation process. I've created a fix which I've tested successfully. Please try using the following php file:

http://featurific.com/files/featurific_1.4.5.php

Download this file, rename it to featurific.php, and use it to replace your existing featurific.php file. Please report back here if this fix works.

Thanks!
-Rich
01-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Rich,

Thank you very much!!! Sorry for that...It works now (just a dash in the Featurific headline corresponding to the recent post that used HTML in the post title, but no big deal), and I very much appreciate your assistance with this.

Thanks,
Darren

P.S.--Perhaps it would be wise of me to avoid HTML in post titles!

(01-22-2009 10:29 AM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi Darren,

It's taken me all afternoon, but I've tracked down the source of your problem. The issue was that you were using HTML in your post title. This was causing issues with Featurific For Wordpress' XML generation process. I've created a fix which I've tested successfully. Please try using the following php file:

http://featurific.com/files/featurific_1.4.5.php

Download this file, rename it to featurific.php, and use it to replace your existing featurific.php file. Please report back here if this fix works.

Thanks!
-Rich
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
No problem, Darren!

Happy blogging. Smile
-Rich