Thread Rating:
  • 289 Votes - 2.83 Average
Database errors -line 1830
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Database errors -line 1830
Host Installation with wordpress 2.7 with MySQL client version: 5.0.67.
When the page renders initially I get a page of repeated error the claims that Featuristic.php line 1830 error.

//If the image is on a different domain, we can't access it from Flash 9 directly, so we've got to load it by proxy (save locally via PHP).
else {
Line 1830 reads - $image_data = file_get_contents($image);

If I refresh page the errors clear and the page renders properly with Featuristic app functioning properly.Dodgy

What causes this and how can I prevent it? I have repaired/optimized the Featuristic MySQL database, but the same error continues anyway. Any images for my articles are stored on same domain of wordpress etc., but not within the root of the wordpress blog etc.

Please send help !!!
Find all posts by this user
01-29-2009, 11:58 AM
RE: Database errors -line 1830
Hi there mrinternet,

Does the error say something about a URL wrapper? If so, I know exactly what the problem is. Here's a description of what's going on that I've sent to a user in the past:

Thanks for the post and your interest in Featurific! Here's what's going on - Featurific loads up the images from their remote location to include them in the slideshow on your site. To do so, it needs access to PHP's "HTTP Wrapper". Apparently, your server doesn't have this installed. So, this is an issue with PHP on your server instead of Featurific itself. There are two ways to fix this:

1. Talk to your host and get them to install/enable the PHP HTTP Wrapper.
2. Save the images you're using from your posts to your hard drive, and then upload them to your Wordpress site. Once you have the images uploaded to your wordpress site, change the posts so that they reference the local images rather than the remote ones. Using local images doesn't require the HTTP Wrapper, so the error should go away.

Does this help?
-Rich
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Error code doesn't match referenced line Sfov 9 12,283 05-21-2010 08:12 AM
Last Post: rinogo
  Fatal Error on line 156 Guest 1 3,188 10-14-2009 04:16 AM
  error fail line 1978 elroy 1 2,859 09-11-2009 03:26 AM
  line text starting position linduh 1 2,359 06-23-2009 06:05 AM