Thread Rating:
  • 351 Votes - 2.88 Average
Site Errors happening with Featurific
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Site Errors happening with Featurific
I love this tool and have had it on my site http://onemancan.ca for a while now. I had to turn it off this evening as it is causing some serious problems when the site is trying to load. I am not sure what is causing it. I've got the latest version of WordPress installed and the most up-to-date Featurific.

Here are the error messages that show up when the main page loads initially - just this time... there were others and some with many more error lines. I believe it may have to do with a slow server response. I've mentioned it to my ISP before re: slow server but they insist it is okay / normal.

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/oneman/public_html/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 1830

Warning: file_get_contents(http://cms.mumbaimirror.com/portalfiles/...ealth.jpg) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/oneman/public_html/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 1830
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2009, 03:55 AM
RE: Site Errors happening with Featurific
Hi leedman,

Thanks for the bug report! The specific error that you're experiencing is due to a bug that has been reported before - your filename has spaces in it. This is a bug that will definitely be fixed in an upcoming version of Featurific for Wordpress. However, for the time being, the best solution is to re-name the file so that it doesn't have a space in it. (If it's a third-party image, which it looks like it is, you could always save it to your local system, re-name it, and then upload it to your blog, referencing the local image (on your blog) instead of the remote image.) Does that make sense, or did I just make things more confusing? Smile

Good luck!
-Rich
02-03-2009, 04:20 AM
(02-03-2009 03:55 AM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi leedman,

Thanks for the bug report! The specific error that you're experiencing is due to a bug that has been reported before - your filename has spaces in it. This is a bug that will definitely be fixed in an upcoming version of Featurific for Wordpress. However, for the time being, the best solution is to re-name the file so that it doesn't have a space in it. (If it's a third-party image, which it looks like it is, you could always save it to your local system, re-name it, and then upload it to your blog, referencing the local image (on your blog) instead of the remote image.) Does that make sense, or did I just make things more confusing? Smile

Good luck!
-Rich

Confused the hell out of me but I don't like to admit though so I read it again, and again. It's the "your filename" then later I discovered you meant it has to do with the uploaded images filenames. Great... Tongue

More work ... when's the update coming?
Thanks for the good news.
02-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi again leedman,

I've fixed the bug in the codebase - the fix should be included next time we release a new version of Featurific (within the next few weeks). Thanks again for your bug report, have a great day! Smile

-Rich
02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
When i click on the image to read more on a post i get a 400 bad request any help would be appreciated. http://www.candlesandmor.com/my-blog
02-19-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Guest,

I don't see Featurific on your blog - perhaps you uninstalled it due to the 400 errors? If you'd like, please re-enable it, and I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.
-Rich

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  {solved}featurific stop showing my new articles sidegrev 3 4,229 04-06-2011 02:11 AM
Last Post: rinogo
  Works on one site, not the other! myhealthbeijing 2 3,517 04-06-2011 02:09 AM
  Featurific for WordPress 3.0? jmek66 1 5,492 01-27-2011 05:12 AM
  Featurific not working after I installed its latest version Empress_of_Drac 3 4,108 06-30-2010 07:27 AM
Tongue Can't use featurific with this theme: Stuka 4 5,642 03-03-2010 03:56 AM
Sad Featurific FATAL ERROR Guest 1 12,583 08-27-2009 01:32 AM
  CANT USE FEATURIFIC - NEED HELP geek459 1 3,292 08-25-2009 02:34 AM
  Featurific Caused Server Overload Kevin 8 8,118 06-23-2009 08:39 AM
  Same Errors Even After Upgrade Guest 6 5,313 04-25-2009 08:07 AM
  incorrect path in featurific template Guest 1 2,699 04-01-2009 08:30 AM