Thread Rating:
  • 366 Votes - 2.87 Average
Remove warning window from Dashboard?
02-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Remove warning window from Dashboard?
I manually insert featurific into my site template, but the "Featurific for Wordpress is almost ready." warning is still showing up in the dashboard. How do I get rid of the warning box in the dashboard as the plugin is working just fine?
02-27-2009, 02:36 AM
RE: Remove warning window from Dashboard?
nevermind. apparently all i needed to do was to deactivate then reactivate.
03-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Yup, that's it! Changing themes would have worked too. Smile

Happy blogging!
-Rich
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't see this thread and started a new one on the same subject. I've also manually added the code to the 'home' page of this WP site: http://truenorthnewsandcommentary.com/, and even after deactivating and reactivating the plugin the warning in the admin stays. Any clues?

BTW -- the way the plugin works is awesome!

Thanks - Arthur
07-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Hi Arthur!

Can you post the code that you used to embed Featurific? There has to be a call to insert_featurific(). Once Featurific detects that call, it will stop displaying the warning message. If this doesn't lead to resolving the issue, you can always go into the featurific.php file itself and simply comment out the line that displays the error message. (If you need a bit of guidance doing this, just let me know!)

-Rich
07-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Rich -- Here's the code:

Code:
<?php
//Code automatically inserted by Featurific for Wordpress plugin
if(is_home())                             //If we're generating the home page (remove this line to make Featurific appear on all pages)...
  if(function_exists('insert_featurific')) //If the Featurific plugin is activated...
   insert_featurific();                    //Insert the HTML code to embed Featurific
?>

Seems to be there. ???

Arthur
07-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi Arthur,

I'm not sure why the error persists...One possibility is that you're using a theme file that is not named 'index.php' or 'home.php'. Most WP themes name their main file by one of these names, so those are the only files that Featurific checks. However, if it's working fine, you can just disable the warning by commenting out the line of code that adds it to the admin notices.

Simply comment out the following line in featurific.php:

add_action('admin_notices', 'featurific_template_configuration_warning');

In other words, add '//' to the beginning to make it look like this:

//add_action('admin_notices', 'featurific_template_configuration_warning');

In our current (unreleased) dev version of the plugin, this code is on line 141. Note also that when you upgrade the plugin, featurific.php will be overwritten and you'll have to make the change again.

Have a great day! Smile
-Rich
07-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Rich --

>>//add_action('admin_notices', 'featurific_template_configuration_warning');<<

That works! I have this being displayed via a widget placed in a sidebar_~.php file instead of directly in the home.php code. That's probably why. Maybe in some future ver. one could tell Featurific which file the code is in which would solve the edit each time the plugin is upgraded.

Still, not a bother for such a wonderful WP addition!

Arthur
07-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your support, Arthur! I'm glad we were able to get the warning message removed for you. Smile

And thanks for the suggestion! I think the best solution might just be a link/checkbox of some sort that says "Don't show this again". That way, when a user implements Featurific in a custom manner (like you have done), it's easy to dismiss the warning message.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
-Rich