Thread Rating:
  • 381 Votes - 2.98 Average
Fatal Error
03-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Fatal Error
I had a Featurific on my website for several months, and it worked beautifully until I installed WordPress 2.7, and I installed the newer version of Featurific. When I tried to install the new version or even re-installing after deactivating and deleting all the files, I kept getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare featurific_show_admin_message_once() (previously declared in /home/deafvil/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php:144) in /home/deafvil/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 155

Do you know how can this be fixed?

Thanks!
03-12-2009, 08:26 AM
RE: Fatal Error
Hi there!

Before getting into the details, just a quick note for others who will read this thread: Featurific for Wordpress 1.4.4 has been tested with Wordpress 2.7.1 without problems. So, it looks like this problem is most likely due to a conflict with another plugin, a particular setting, etc.

I thought I had seen this error before, and in fact I have. Here's a page that explains a bit if you're interested:

http://www.nabble.com/Strange-plugin-fat...10812.html

Essentially, you get this error (with any WP plugin) if there's an error on activation. Instead of getting the actual error, you get this super cryptic error. Weird. I don't know why this happens.

In order to see the actual error, there's a little trick we can do:

1. Try to activate featurific. It will give you the error, but Featurific should still be activated (partially)
2. With Featurific active, change your Wordpress theme. When you do so, you should see the error that is causing the "redeclare" error. If that doesn't allow to to see the error, try just going to the Featurific options page and re-submitting the form. This should show the errors, too.
3. Please send me the error and we can try to find a solution.

Hope to hear from you soon!
-Rich
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2009, 03:54 AM
(03-09-2009 02:32 AM)Guest Wrote:  I had a Featurific on my website for several months, and it worked beautifully until I installed WordPress 2.7, and I installed the newer version of Featurific. When I tried to install the new version or even re-installing after deactivating and deleting all the files, I kept getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare featurific_show_admin_message_once() (previously declared in /home/deafvil/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php:144) in /home/deafvil/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/featurific.php on line 155

Do you know how can this be fixed?

Thanks!

I am having a similar problem with WP 2.7. My domain server has even suspended my account until I optimized my files.

Since I have done that, the domain has not suspended me again, but I am still getting the error message.

I LOVE the program and want to continue using it, but I am afraid it will continue to cause problems with my hosting service and they will make me get rid of it.

My site is http://www.flutterbyewings.com
03-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Hi there, Guest!

I visited your site and it looks like Featurific is working fine. Are you still getting error messages? If so, please follow the instructions in my post above to get the 'true' error message. That will help me diagnose the issue.

Thanks! Smile
-Rich
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I've tried the "change the theme" fix and deactivating all plugins to see if there's a conflict but still cannot find why I'm receiving the redeclaration error. Has anybody found a fix for this error?

Thanks in advance,
JR
http://www.insidepoolmag.com
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I am continuing to have problems with my site. Explorer would not open my site at all unless I uninstalled Featurific.

Then I got a new laptop with Vista and could not open the site with Firefox, which is my preferred browser.

I am going to have to tinker with it to see if I can find the true error message, but for now I have removed the plugin. Sad

Again, I love the program even if it takes up a lot of space, but I am not a techno-guru and am not the best at diagnosing and fixing problems.
04-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi flutter,

Were you able to figure out the problem? If not, could you explain what's happening?

-RIch
05-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Not really, but I still haven't tried to do the things that were suggested to see if there is an actual error.

I have deactivated the plug in temporarily until I have some more spare time to play with it.

What seems to happen is that the program will run for awhile and then get stuck or hung-up on one of loadings. I would get the same error message but sometimes it would be a different line #.

Again, I love the feature but wonder if it is designed to scroll through as many images as I have running through my blog.

Let me know if you have any more words of wisdom and I will try to perform the troubleshooting suggestion next week.

(04-25-2009 08:02 AM)rinogo Wrote:  Hi flutter,

Were you able to figure out the problem? If not, could you explain what's happening?

-RIch
05-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Sounds good, flutter.

Will you please also let me know:
1) The URL of your blog
2) How many posts you have

I'm keeping track of which sites seem to have issues so that we can figure out what commonality (if any) is causing problems.

Thanks! Smile
-Rich

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Error after upgrading from wp 2.9.2 to 3.1 flah0062 3 6,375 04-06-2011 02:11 AM
Last Post: rinogo
  IE8 Error Jessica 3 6,946 08-31-2010 05:41 AM
Sad Error after installation radbox 11 12,075 06-01-2010 12:53 PM
  Fatal error not compatible with theme Guest 1 3,324 04-13-2010 05:18 AM
Sad Featurific FATAL ERROR Guest 1 12,665 08-27-2009 01:32 AM
  Fatal Error in Wordpress hornedry2k 13 16,240 07-24-2009 04:56 AM
  Error Occurred after upgrading to 1.5.1 Guest 1 3,575 04-07-2009 02:13 AM