Thread Rating:
  • 355 Votes - 2.9 Average
Class 'Imagick' not found
05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Class 'Imagick' not found
Hi people,

I just started using Wordpress and Featurific was one of the first plugins I installed.

The automated install went fine, but when I want to post a blog, I can some kind of error code where I have to select the image for Featurific. Here's a screenshot:

[Image: 2_1242837166.jpg]

Who know's what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
RE: Class 'Imagick' not found
looks like thats the Article Photo plugin there, not featurific, but you need you hosting company to install imagick on your server for it to work.
05-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Hmmmm. You are probaly right.

The problem is; I don't understand where I can add pictures for featurific. Nothing shows up on my homepage and I can't add images to featurific.
05-22-2009, 03:49 AM
Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your question! jrb576 is spot on here - the error that you're getting is caused by the Article Photo plugin, not Featurific. Adding images to Featurific is really easy. Just add images to your posts in the normal Wordpress fashion, and they'll be included in Featurific automatically. Please give it a shot and let me know how it works.

-Rich

P.S. A tutorial regarding image use in Wordpress (if you haven't done it before) can be found at:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Images

Happy blogging!
05-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Rinogo,

Thanks for your reply. So I just have to add an image in on of my blogs and it will show up on the frontpage? I'm kinda lost here cause still nothing shows up on http://www.bouweenpc.nl/wordpress/ (You can see the featurific test)
05-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Hi Kenny,

It looks like the test posts you've set up are done correctly. However, I don't see Featurific at all on your main page. Are you sure Featurific is enabled? If it is, please try disabling it and re-enabling it, making sure to tell me any error messages that pop up.

-Rich
06-11-2009, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2009 03:51 AM by Kenny.)
Hi Rich,

I figured it out. I did not select all the categories in the settings. It's because of the theme. It does work on the original theme.

Is there any option to change the size of featurific?
06-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi Kenny,

I'm glad you got it to work! Smile To change the size of the Featurific instance, simply open up the template.xml file for the Template that you've chosen. It will be located at plugins/featurific-for-wordpress/templates/<template_name>/template.xml . Edit this file, changing the width and height parameters. After you've done this, you can also tweak the x/y and width/height of the images, text, and other resources in the template.xml file as well.

Happy blogging! Smile