Thread Rating:
  • 254 Votes - 2.79 Average
How do I impose the limit of characters from the summary?
06-18-2009, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2009 07:04 PM by plugin.)
Question How do I impose the limit of characters from the summary?
Hello!
First of all congratulations for the plugin, it's fantastic! Wink
In my site (www. balbuzie-news.it) i changed some 'theme thumber (rigth Justified). There is only one problem: in all my posts I have the summary, but the summary is too long for the plugin, in fact i don't see "read more...". How do I impose the limit of characters from the summary?
Thank you! Smile
I've changed in feauturic.php this line
Code:
if($posts[$post_id]['post_excerpt']==null || $posts[$post_id]['post_excerpt']=='')
whith this
Code:
if($posts[$post_id]['post_excerpt']!=null || $posts[$post_id]['post_excerpt']!='')
Now it work! (I think that in the administration panel it would be useful to choose an option whether to use the summary or a default number of characters)

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
06-23-2009, 05:47 AM
RE: How do I impose the limit of characters from the summary?
Hi plugin!

Thanks for your message! There's actually already an option on the Featurific settings page to do this - it's named "Auto-Excerpt Length". If your workaround is working, feel free to keep using it! However, for everyone else who visits this thread, please use the "Auto-Excerpt Length" setting.

Happy blogging! Smile
-Rich
06-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi all,
I continue this thread because my problem seems to be linked.
I used the "auto-excerpt" feature to show my news, but, as I use news in their totality, I needed a very large excerpt. But it seems their is no way to pass a certain limit and my news get shorten.
Is there a way to pass this limit?
06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll answer myself.
It seems that Ftrfc doesn't display the last word if it is directly followed by a "!"...
06-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi Ewen,

Can you point me to a specific example that demonstrates the problem you're having? Also, for what it's worth, if you set the auto-excerpt length to something really high (such as 9999), then your entire post should be included without incident.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon!
-Rich